Miao's Destress Club

Saturday, October 18, 2008

No Black Tie

A very obscure, un-commercialize pub with live performance. Was invited by Sam to go to this pub and i found it is worth RM20 for the cover charge just to enjoy the live performance.

My very first time there. Cool!! this is my first impression. Very small place, there is upstairs tooo, but i didn't manage to go up and have a look. Not more than 20 tables, if not mistaken. stage is rather small. ambience not bad, abit smokey once people starts smoking in there. My eyes were quite dry and uncomfortable almost the end of the live performance.

1st band singing was Estrella. According to Kian, they have their own album available in the music store. It's a lady singer, quite cute and sexy voice; very JAZZ. The last song "Stay" is very nice.

2nd band was The Stoned Revival. I like the drummer, he's cute!!! Boyish kind of cute. The way he plays drum also very cool and attracting somehow. The saxophone player also not bad. I found this band better than the previous one, as their songs are more lively, a bit of rock element.

Last band was 40 winks. I understand why they were the last band. Because they have about 10 of them, 4 guys playing saxophone + trumpet, 3 bass, 1 drummer, 1 keyboard plus the diva. This one is a bit noisy to me, image in such a small place and you have all the required instruments for a concert. However, i can say, they are talented. the same song, they sang in few different styles: country, slow jazz, hujan-way and many more. That's coool!!

They are all local. I may not like them as who they are but i like their songs lah and the way they perform them. i'll go again. I'll learn the way to go there too.

No comments: